Latest SEO News
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the Importance of Site map in SEO

+8
Nile Hadwards
elena
andykeating
ambalaldarji
garmin
john
RobertK
watsonliving
12 posters

Go down

What is the Importance of Site map in SEO Empty What is the Importance of Site map in SEO

Post  watsonliving Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:01 am

The sitemaps used by web visitors to help them navigate through your site themselves. However, there’s another version XML sitemaps that are used by the search engines in order to index through your site, as well. This list of ALL pages / posts / etc. of your site also includes information such as the date the page was last modified, as well as a priority number of what you feel the most important pages of your sites are. All elements that help the search engines properly find and link to all content of your site. This will help you to get traffic and page rank.

watsonliving

http://www.watsonpropertygroup.com

Back to top Go down

What is the Importance of Site map in SEO Empty Re: What is the Importance of Site map in SEO

Post  RobertK Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Nice informative post about site map importance, keep sharing

Tax Attorney

RobertK

Back to top Go down

What is the Importance of Site map in SEO Empty Re: What is the Importance of Site map in SEO

Post  john Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 pm

nice post, I am so week in on site SEO, and now a days getting information bout it. Is meta tags related to site maps??

glass floor

john

Back to top Go down

Post  garmin Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

I am not sure, but I think that meta tags has no connection with the site map. I also don't know much about these things, but I guess these are 2 separate terminologies.

Can C Eye Drops

garmin

Back to top Go down

Post  ambalaldarji Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:50 am

Sitemaps have been around for awhile. They’ve been part of good web design for years, but now they are even more important due to the adoption of sitemaps by the web-crawling search bots. You should know that while Yahoo! still uses sitemaps in standard html format, Google sitemap uses an XML format that differs from the html sitemap that human visitors use. If you’re worried that having two sitemaps (one in html and one in XML) will be regarded as duplicate content, stop worrying. Google has stated outright that using a sitemap won’t lead to your site being penalized.

ambalaldarji

http://htt://www.davdatatech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  andykeating Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:44 am

Sitemaps provides easier navigation,better visibility by search engines and It also offers the opportunity to inform search engines immediately about any changes on your site.
Smile
andykeating
andykeating

http://www.sortshots.com

Back to top Go down

Post  elena Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:26 pm

site map is a very useful thing for me coz i always want to find the information i wans as quickly as possible but when the site has complicate navigation....it is very bad(
Pedometer for iPhone
elena
elena

Back to top Go down

What is the Importance of Site map in SEO Empty Re:

Post  Nile Hadwards Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 am

A site map gives search engine spiders or robots a point of reference with links to all pages on the site, enabling them to spider and index your entire website quickly and easily. Without a site map, pages that are buried more than 1-2 clicks from the home page will take a long time to get indexed (if at all) which in turn will result in delayed ranking increases.

Nile Hadwards

Back to top Go down

Post  John23 Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 am

Sitemap helps to know the navigation of the site.Sitemap will make much easier for search engines to crawl your website and will for sure help you get more traffic and rankings.

John23

Back to top Go down

What is the Importance of Site map in SEO Empty Hello..!!!

Post  saqib Mon May 02, 2011 6:23 am

The two most important and fundamental purposes of sitemap helps the users to:
1-navigate a site effectively &
2-the same time it encourages search engine spiders.
Google sitemaps played a vital role to make it possible for a website to get listed and get updated by the Search Engines. Sitemaps helps to speed up the addition of the web pages of a site to the Google listing.

Get SAP Training Videos at http://www.sapjuice.com
saqib
saqib

Back to top Go down

Post  lizatailor23 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:38 am

Sitemap is most important b'coz, it tells to search engine about website URL that are available for crawling, sitemap are creating with the XML languages, that include additional information about the each URL.

lizatailor23

http://www.ecommercewebsitedevelopers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  neeshadubai Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:29 am

watsonliving wrote:The sitemaps used by web visitors to help them navigate through your site themselves. However, there’s another version XML sitemaps that are used by the search engines in order to index through your site, as well. This list of ALL pages / posts / etc. of your site also includes information such as the date the page was last modified, as well as a priority number of what you feel the most important pages of your sites are. All elements that help the search engines properly find and link to all content of your site. This will help you to get traffic and page rank.

You are absolutely correct but do you think the normal users visit site map? I don't they visit, they navigate through the navigation links only. There are some of many who visits site map. Will you please elaborate it

neeshadubai

http://www.infibeam.com/Computers_Accessories/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down